I know, I know- another chicken recipe? You betcha ;) Because:
Chicken is delicious.
Chicken is good for you.
Chicken is quick.
Chicken is not expensive.
Chicken does not talk back to you. Unless you have girls in the backyard who is telling you off every time you walk out side and don't bring something to them. Trust me, then they talk back.
Chicken does not do the dishes. Or the vacuum. Or the washing. Sad, so sad.
All of the above is, of course, only applicable to free range, organic happy chucks. Because nothing else is morally right to buy. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
I got the biggest craving for pasta with garlic and parmesan and since that is out of the question, cabbage it is. And since I have been really good for 98 days, I figured I could have some parmesan. Just a tiny bit.
For 4 people you'll need:
8 chicken thighs
1/4 head cabbage
1/2 tbls garlic powder
1/2 tbls onion powder
salt and pepper
1. Marinate the chicken in olive oil and this spice mix.
2. Bbq or fry the chicken together with the mushrooms.
3. Shred the cabbage
4. Fry the cabbage in the oil, add the spices
5. When soft and a bit caramelized, add the parmesan and remove from heat.
6. Serve with extra cheese on the side and fresh basil.