We don't often eat veal in the smorgasbord house, but when we do, it blows our pants off.
This was actually one of the best things I've eaten in a very long time.
Start with the sauce and you'll need:
1 brown or red onion, diced
6-8 mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, pressed
200 mls of full fat cream
2 tbls gluten free worcestershire sauce
zest from 1 lemon
1. Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in the butter until the onion are glossy and the mushrooms have a bit of color.
2. Add the cream, worcestershire sauce, s&p and lemon zest and cook on low heat until thickened. Don't forget to taste!
Now start with the veal. Grab yourself the following items:
As many slices of veal as you desire
1 bag of pork crackles
a piece of sharp cheddar
1. Pound the veal with a meat mallet, place it between two pieces of grease proof paper so you don't break it. Rub some oil on the meat, this will stop it even further to rip. You don't want the meat to become paper thin, just enough to reduce the time in the frying pan.
2. Place the pork crackling in the mixer (or in a plastic bag and use the mallet again) and grind it up.
3. Grate the cheese, you want the same amount of cheese as you have pork.
4. Mix in the herbs and spices.
5. Rub the meat with some olive oil and s&p.
6. Use a baking brush and paint the meat with mayonnaise, then dip it in the pork/cheese mixture.
7. Fry in a pan with a L-O-T of butter, a couple of minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
8. Don't forget to bow and wave to the cheering crowd.